Founded in 1946, what is now known as the Armstrong Group began life as Armstrong County Line Construction, contracting work for power and telephone utilities in Western Pennsylvania. In the 1950's we began to own and operate independent local exchange telephone companies. We expanded into the cable television industry in 1963. The 1980's saw us move into three different industries: Security, Restaurant and Real Estate Development.
Guardian Protection Services is trusted by more than a quarter-million clients throughout the nation. As one of the largest privately-held security systems firms in the U.S., Guardian designs, installs and monitors all types of intrusion, video surveillance, fire and medical emergency systems for residential and commercial clients. In addition, Guardian offers state-of-the-art home automation products, and for those constructing new homes, structured wiring, whole house audio, home theater, intercom and central vacuum systems.
Armstrong Development Properties, Inc. is an award-winning, full service commercial real estate developer. With a strong background in site selection, acquisition, entitlements, construction administration, and property management, Armstrong Development is focused on helping clients reach new markets quickly and easily.
Our most recent addition, Armstrong AccuSpec Electronics, is a full service provider of Electronic Manufacturing Services from PCBs and Cable Assemblies to complete box assemblies, serving customers across a full spectrum of market segments, including medical, transportation, industrial controls and military applications.
Seven decades old, the Armstrong Group remains a family owned and operated business, now employing over 2,600 people across the nation. Strong management, fiscal responsibility, careful planning and diligent research are hallmarks of the businesses that make up the Armstrong Group of Companies, ensuring the mission statement of our founder; Growth and Perpetuity.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Compensation and Benefits will provide leadership for the planning, design, implementation, and administration of the company’s compensation and benefit programs.
• Develop and implement salary policies, compensation structures, administrative procedures, incentive, bonus and sales commission programs where applicable
• Evaluate, design and recommend compensation and benefit programs based on market assessment and business strategy
• Ensures compliance with all State and Federal wage and benefit regulations
• Designs, implements and directs Health and Benefit plans including policies/procedures and communication of same
• Manages and directs defined contribution plans, including communication and government filings
• Evaluate benefit design and effectiveness, along with benchmarks and cost impact annually
• Design and implement employee communications for benefit plans including open enrollment, new benefit offerings, and total compensation statements
• Responsible for daily benefit administration to include policy development, interpretation, communication and implementation
• Coordinate outsourced partners to insure successful implementation of programs
• Evaluate, implement and administer HRIS and payroll systems to maximize employee satisfaction and department efficiency
• Monitor the effectiveness of Compensation/Benefit programs and makes recommendations for modifications to improve competitiveness by participating in annual competitive market surveys and industry trends
• Assists with employee satisfaction and engagement objectives and metrics of same
• Develop strategies to increase manager understanding of compensation tools and programs and drive manager empowerment of compensation decisions
• Guide HR leaders and managers on using compensation guidelines, policies and practices to optimize how compensation tools can support the talent objectives of their business