Broad Function and Scope of the Position:
The AccuSpec Electronics Purchasing Department is looking for a Senior Buyer. The Buyer will perform a variety of non-routine purchasing activities. This person will be required to have knowledge of basic procurement policies. The Buyer will be responsible to maintain vendor files and logs, prepare orders, analyze quotes, verify deliveries and obtain pricing information. They must also be able to purchase raw materials and finished goods according to established procedures.
• Generate purchase orders as required by Bill of Materials, stock supply on hand and inventory count
• As material is received, update HFA to reflect receipt
• Process discrepant material reports as required and/or requested
• Research vendors and suppliers and their respective pricing to ensure company is getting optimum value.
• Prepares, reviews, and distributes daily reports
• Research all backorder issues and expedite product as necessary
• Display a sense of urgency and self-motivation
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Computer literacy with the ability to learn new computer software programs
• Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills with an attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize
• Team player/ability to work well with all levels of the organization
• Must be highly self-motivated and be able to work with minimum supervision
• Good problem solving ability
Years of Experience
2- 5 years' of experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred
AccuSpec Electronics, A Division of the Armstrong Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Scheduled Weekly Hours