Armstrong Utilities connected our first cable television customers in 1963, in Butler, Pennsylvania. Since that time we have continued to keep pace with the technological advancements of this ever-changing industry.
Our first customers received nine channels. Today, Armstrong offers consumers hundreds of viewing options, High Speed Internet service, telephone service and a variety of business products, all over our state-of-the-art broadband network.
Throughout our more than fifty years in cable television, Armstrong has been a leader in innovation. Using fiber optics and advanced technology, our networks are designed to provide leading-edge services and high reliability.
Armstrong has always relied on the great people who work for us. Nationally recognized for customer service excellence, their dedication to the customer has kept us a leader in the industry.
The General Manager of Armstrong’s Ashland, Ohio business operation is responsible for directing all aspects of our business local to the area served, including; personnel management, customer relationships, network maintenance, marketing, and public/government relations.
The General Manager is responsible for locally leading a facilities-based service provider focused on the delivery of voice, internet and video products for both residential and business markets.
- Lead all local employees, includes; hiring, coaching, counseling, development, creating positive teamwork and a ensuring a rewarding work environment.
- Effectively manage business unit financial information including monthly detailed reporting and the preparation of an annual budget. Tactically manage finances through expenditure approval, inventory management and overall system cost control.
- Demonstrate excellence in communication skills both internally and externally.
- Develop and oversee marketing tactics to grow embedded base business as well as expand opportunities to un-served and under-served areas.
- Promote positive image of company to local governments, customers, press, and the business community.
- Effectively balance employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and financial performance in delivering and supporting our products and services.
- Exhibit a hands-on, detailed oriented, management/leadership approach.