Guardian is dedicated to helping to protect and enhance people’s lives and what they value most.
Guardian Protection Services, one of the Armstrong Group of Companies, is the largest privately held security systems firm in the U.S. Highly ranked by prestigious industry journals, Guardian designs, installs and monitors residential and commercial security systems. Partnering with new home builders throughout the country to provide structured wiring, security, home automation, whole house audio and other advanced home technologies for newly constructed homes, places Guardian ahead of the competition.
Guardian offers monitoring services from coast-to-coast, has 12 satellite offices, and also provides sales and installation through a network of authorized dealers throughout the country. Security Distributing & Marketing (SDM), a respected industry journal, ranks us as one of the top five residential security systems installers in the U.S. adding further evidence to Guardian’s financial stability and staying power. With 1000-plus employees proudly representing our company and maintaining a consistent focus on the delivery of reliable, state-of-the art technology we currently more than 360,000 clients are served and we offer extended-hours, company-owned U.S-based customer service to each and every client.
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide a broad range of accounting-related services in support of the Accounting department as well as the organization.
• This position will spend the majority of the time on accounting related activities but could also be asked to perform certain internal audit functions as the need arises.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT FUNCTIONS:
• Prepare journal entries, reconcile and balance general ledger accounts, research and correct posting discrepancies and provide accounting support for our internal customers.
• Assist or prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and analysis.
• Review and verify accuracy of journal entries, cost allocations and accounting classifications assigned to various records when performing financial variance reviews or flux analysis.
• Coordinate accounting matters and / or conference calls with other departments, locations and divisions as needed.
• Coordinate or assist with the annual external financial audit when needed.
• Supervise and train entry and mid-level accounting staff.
• Quarterly obsolete inventory review and assist with item master clean-up and various analytics.
• Assist in routine assessment of cost allocations to ensure accuracy and relevance given existing business conditions and practices.
• 8 or more years’ experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of accounting systems, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing required. Demonstrate sound communication, organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.