Armstrong Utilities, Inc. connected our first cable television customers in 1963, in Butler, Pennsylvania. Since that time, we have continued to keep pace with the technological advancements of this ever-changing industry.
Our first customers received nine channels. Today, Armstrong offers consumers hundreds of viewing options, High Speed Internet service, telephone service and a variety of business products, all over our state-of-the-art broadband network.
Throughout our more than 50 years in cable television, Armstrong has been a leader in innovation. Using fiber optics and advanced technology, our networks are designed to provide leading-edge services and high reliability.
Armstrong has always relied on the great people who work for us. Nationally recognized for customer service excellence, their dedication to the customer has kept us a leader in the industry.
This temporary part-time position will be responsible for scheduling and driving the Armstrong marketing van to and from the various Armstrong service areas located throughout Western Pa, Eastern and Southern Ohio, West Virginia and Maryland.
- Collect all system event schedules and compile into one master schedule. Work with Field Marketing Manager to prioritize which events should have van appearance.
- Assist coordinators and Armstrong staff at various events including:
- Set-up and tear down which includes but is not limited to van, tent, banners and whatever required by system Community Marketing Manager.
- Making sure you have enough Armstrong product education materials on hand anytime the van is making an appearance.
- Positively represent Armstrong by proactively and effectively engage customer’s in conversation about Armstrong’s products and quality service.
- Merchandise distribution.
- Filling in at events while employees are on break.
- While at a system or when there are times that there are not system events, you may drive the van around Armstrong systems being basically a moving billboard to provide exposure and create interest of EXP.
- Proactively conduct pop-up EXP events using the van
- Work with system Community Marketing Manager to identify high exposure areas where the van can be parked and set-up for short events/informational appearances.
- This may require working with system coordinators to get permission from various property owners or community venues.
- Ability to work all hours including days, nights, weekends and holidays during Armstrong’s 2017 summer event schedule. Currently May – September.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
- Ability to drive long distances.
- Ability to be away from home for possibly several days at a time.
- Ability to quickly learn about Armstrong’s products and services.
- Outgoing individual who can easily engage people in conversation about Armstrong products.
- Represent Armstrong (on the clock) by wearing Armstrong/EXP shirts provided by Armstrong.
- Provide feedback of key findings while at the events.
- What are customers saying, positive/negative.
- Any suggestions as to how each event be improved.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clear driving record.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage
- Award-winning, positive work environment
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer.