Call Center Supervisor- Auxiliary Retention Group
Area of Interest:
Full Time - Regular
Armstrong Utilities, Inc. connected our first cable television customers in 1963, in Butler, Pennsylvania. Since that time, we have continued to keep pace with the technological advancements of this ever-changing industry.
Our first customers received nine channels. Today, Armstrong offers consumers hundreds of viewing options, High Speed Internet service, telephone service and a variety of business products, all over our state-of-the-art broadband network.
Throughout our more than 50 years in cable television, Armstrong has been a leader in innovation. Using fiber optics and advanced technology, our networks are designed to provide leading-edge services and high reliability.
Armstrong has always relied on the great people who work for us. Nationally recognized for customer service excellence, their dedication to the customer has kept us a leader in the industry.
The Supervisor of the Auxiliary Team will be responsible for the conduct and performance results of an assigned team of Auxiliary Agents (AUX). The AUX team is multi-dimensional group of Agents that support the Inbound Sales team and the Inbound Retention team. The AUX team also is highly focused on conducting outbound TM initiatives and projects and the customer Onboarding program. The Supervisor role of this group is responsible for consistently meeting / exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly activity goals by coaching and developing agents to utilize sound telephone based techniques in delivering positive results in sales and onboarding related calls and resolving customer issues and problems when assisting in customer retention efforts. The AUX Supervisor is also responsible for overseeing a group of (Auxiliary) agents focused on web chat and wellness programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales. A flexible schedule is required, to include any/all hours the Sales and Retention department is available to receive inbound calls which may include nights/weekends/special events/holidays.
- Provide supervision and support to the team assigned.
- Regular engagement with agents to provide coaching and mentoring feedback to Identify and coach agents toward peak performance in sales, customer retention / relations, customer satisfaction, problem solving, upselling and cross selling techniques where applicable.
- Coach, train and develop Agents on sound inbound and outbound selling techniques and best practices.
- Ensure agents are regularly trained and educated and abide by the business rules surrounding inbound sales, customer retention and relations and upgrade /upselling.
- Work with agents to ensure they are working toward and achieving weekly, monthly quarterly goals to include applicable sales objectives, revenue retained, web chat sessions handled, save %, onboarding and wellness calls/ contacts and other applicable KPI or related individual and group targets and objectives.
- Manage and direct agent compliance of call handling metrics and objectives to include service level attainment, productive time, average call handle time and after call work.
- Ensure agents have a deep knowledge and understanding of our products and services and are proficient at explaining all products and services, retention / loyalty programs and offers and company processes and policies regarding retaining existing customers.
- Thorough knowledge of competitors’ pricing, packaging and products in an effort to teach agents to conduct side by side comparisons of competitive products and services and build value around our product and services.
- Have full familiarity and understanding of current Armstrong marketing and retention / customer loyalty campaigns and programs
- Personnel management and discipline
- Weekly variable compensation plan reporting – when applicable.
- Coordinate with the Center Workforce Analysts determine agent weekly work schedules, ensuring adequate staffing is in place to handle the call volume and work function.
- Assist in coordination of group shift bids.
- Assists in the selection and training of new employees to the team.
- Conduct formal reviews with individual team members – frequency as determined Armstrong / Sales & Marketing leadership.
- Assists in the oversight and development of the Agent Sales and Retention Tools – scripting / offer flow, scorecard etc.
- Assist in development of applicable customer offers and provide feedback on offers and campaign strategy.
- Review daily, weekly monthly and other related reports pertaining to performance of team to objectives and make recommendations where applicable on ways to improve.
- Assist in the development of special agent / team incentives and programs
- Customer Contact and Follow-up and acts as the primary point of contact on customer issues that require escalation.
- Communication and interaction with other departments and Local systems.
- Promotes and manages good employee to employee and cross-departmental relations.
- Full understanding and working knowledge of all aspects and ability to work within the billing / order entry processing system (Cable Master / CM Web) for retention and upgrade and sales entry, along with account look-up and other tools and functions as they relate to the customer retention and sales function.
- Prior supervisory and customer retention / relations, inbound and outbound sales experience within a call center environment required.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- High School Diploma required. Two or Four year degree preferred.
- Candidate should possess excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of systems applications used within the Sales and Retention Department
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks and show initiative
- Excellent problem solving, judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively to accomplish job tasks and responsibilities
- Experience with web chat applications and platforms
- Ability to work within Microsoft Office - particularly MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Exempt status with bonus component
Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer