Guardian Protection Services, one of the Armstrong Group of Companies, is the largest privately held security systems firm in the U.S. Highly ranked by prestigious industry journals, Guardian designs, installs and monitors residential and commercial security systems. Guardian also partners with new home builders throughout the country to provide structured wiring, security, home automation, whole house audio and other advanced home technologies for newly constructed homes. Operating for more than 60 years, Guardian is dedicated to helping to protect and enhance people’s lives and what they value most.
Guardian offers monitoring services from coast-to-coast, has 12 satellite offices, and also provides sales and installation through a network of authorized dealers throughout the country. Security Distributing & Marketing (SDM), a respected industry journal, ranks Guardian as one of the top five residential security systems installers in the U.S. adding further evidence to Guardian’s financial stability and staying power. Guardian’s 1000-plus employees proudly represent their company and maintain a consistent focus on the delivery of reliable, state-of-the art technology, currently serving more than 360,000 clients and offering extended-hours, company-owned U.S-based customer service to each and every client.
The Residential Installer is responsible for installing systems in designated locations, specifically within currently occupied homes. Systems will include but not be limited to burglar alarms, fire alarms, home networking and Internet training for Smartphone interfaces. A Residential Installer will have satisfactorily completed a 90-day training program and will be able to work alone while performing work in existing residential dwellings. Solid soft skills and a knack for training the end-user are crucial.
- Installs Company authorized equipment in customer homes in accordance with established standards and procedures. Designs layout of the system utilizing thorough knowledge of the equipment and its capabilities. Assists in the promotion and sale of extra equipment to the customer.
- Train customers on installed equipment as well as its peripheral applications such as Smartphone application interfaces.
- Demonstrate systems for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming and all features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Stay informed of new products and developments.
- Coordinates with Company personnel by telephone to adequately test the completed system and initiate the account in the customer database.
- Provides a thorough explanation of the Extended Repair Agreement, system capabilities and system operation to the customer.
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders, service orders, time logs and emergency information schedules.
- Maintains inventory control of assigned equipment to ensure adequate stock levels. Participates in formal inventory on a monthly basis.
- Maintains control of all assigned Company property and ensures that equipment is maintained in safe operating condition at all times.
- Safely operates assigned Company vehicle and ensures that it is maintained according to manufacturer's and company specifications.
- Exhibits appearance and conduct in accordance with established Company standards to present a professional image to the customer and the general public. Maintains the highest standards of decency, honesty and integrity as a guest in a customer's home.
- Provides training when required, for assigned Installation Technicians in all of the above duties.
- When on-call, ensures availability by telephone contact at all times for service calls.
- After completion of initial training period, technicians maintain established minimum performance standards.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Successful completion of 90- day training program
- Minimum 1 year experience performing similar duties, preferably in the home security, cable TV, telephone service, electrical/low voltage wiring or home improvement industries.
- Expert troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with computer hardware components and software packages
- Listen and communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and customers
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Trade licenses and registrations in accordance with state/local regulations as required (company paid) and pass all state licensing requirements.
- Physical demands include but not limited to standing, walking, or driving for long periods of time, work from high places, climb ladders and navigate through small tight areas; and lift up to 50-80 lbs without assistance.
- Valid driver’s license
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation and drug screen
Compensation & Benefits:
- Attractive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more, effective immediately upon hire
- Paid vacations, sick time & holidays
- Excellent training program
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Tools provided
- Company laptop and cell phone
- Plus more!
For immediate consideration, all qualified candidates should apply now!
Guardian Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.