Position: Builder Installation Technician
Type: Full Time
Location: Frederick, Maryland
Guardian Protection Services, one of the Armstrong Group of Companies, is the largest privately held security systems firm in the U.S. Highly ranked by prestigious industry journals, Guardian designs, installs and monitors residential and commercial security systems. Guardian also partners with new home builders throughout the country to provide structured wiring, security, home automation, whole house audio and other advanced home technologies for newly constructed homes. Operating for more than 60 years, Guardian is dedicated to helping to protect and enhance people’s lives and what they value most.
Guardian offers monitoring services from coast-to-coast, has 12 satellite offices, and also provides sales and installation through a network of authorized dealers throughout the country. Security Distributing & Marketing (SDM), a respected industry journal, ranks Guardian as one of the top five residential security systems installers in the U.S. adding further evidence to Guardian’s financial stability and staying power. Guardian’s 1000-plus employees proudly represent their company and maintain a consistent focus on the delivery of reliable, state-of-the art technology, currently serving more than 360,000 clients and offering extended-hours, company-owned U.S-based customer service to each and every client.
As a Builder Installation Technician you will be responsible for installing security system components, rough in wiring, low voltage devices, audio and video components (in-wall speakers, Plasma TV, etc) on new construction homes.
• Pre-wire new construction homes for equipment/products to include but not limited to home theater, intercom systems, WAPS, voice, video, data and all security and fire devices.
• Troubleshoot equipment and repairs as required.
• Keep informed of new products and developments.
• Accurately completes all necessary paperwork, including work orders, time logs and other schedules.
• Maintains control of inventory and maintenance of assigned equipment. Ensure adequate stock levels and all equipment is in safe operating condition, at all times. Participates in formal inventory on a monthly basis.
• Safely operates assigned company vehicle and ensures that it is maintained according to manufacturers and company specifications.
• Exhibits appearance and conduct in accordance with established Company standards to present a professional image to the customer or superintendent and the general public. Maintains the highest standards of decency, honest, and integrity as a guest in customers home.
• After completion of initial training period, technicians maintain established minimum performance standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
As a Builder Install Technician, you must combine technical expertise in security systems with the ability to effectively self-manage and work effectively on an independent basis. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization, and project management skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a firm commitment to responsive and professional customer service.
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum 1 year experience performing similar duties, preferably in the home security, cable TV, telephone service, electrical/low voltage wiring or home improvement industries.
• Expert troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Proficiency with computer hardware components and software packages
• Valid driver’s license
• Listen and communicate with peers, supervisors and customers
• Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor
• Trade licenses and registrations in accordance with state/local regulations as required (company paid)
• Physical demands include: capable of sitting , standing, walking, or driving for long periods of time; bending, kneeling, crawling and stooping while working; work from high places such as roofs, ceilings, ladders and crawl spaces and other small areas; and safely move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 50-80 lbs without assistance. Excellent hand/eye coordination and have excellent vision including close, color, distant, and peripheral vision.
• Pass a comprehensive background investigation and drug screen
• Pass all licensing requirements by state
Compensation & Benefits:
As a Builder Installation Technician with Guardian Protection Services, you will be part of an established and industry-leading security company with a stellar reputation for quality and service. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a full benefits package that is effective on your first day of employment.
• Full-time position
• Training provided
• Company Vehicle and gas card
• Tools provided
• Company laptop and cell phone
• Health, dental, and vision coverage
• Life insurance
• 401 (k) w/company match based on tenure
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Days
• Employee Assistance Program
• Plus more!
For immediate consideration, all qualified candidates should apply now!
Guardian Protection Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.