The successful candidate must have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and will be responsible for the installation, disconnection, and changes to broadband analog and digital cable, high speed data, and digital telephony services, both aerial and underground, according to company installation practices and procedures. Candidate will perform custom wiring/home networking solutions, which requires attic/basement crawls and use of wall fish equipment as well as pre-wire residential and commercial units according to diagram.
- Responsible for the installation, disconnection and changes to Video, Voice and Internet services.
- Install and trouble shoot Armstrong services and connect customer equipment to the network.
- Perform custom wiring/home networking solution which may include attic/basement crawls and use of wall fish equipment.
- Pre-wiring of residential and commercial units according to diagram.
- Operate company vehicles and equipment in a safe manner.
- Stock vehicle and maintain proper inventory levels.
- Provide all associated paperwork in a timely manner.
- Use test equipment to analyze and isolate service problems and make repairs.
- Maintain an excellent customer oriented attitude, hands-on work ethic and desire to learn new technologies.
- Two years field experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Must have working knowledge of use of various tools and equipment and a strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must meet weight limit requirements necessary for safe use of a ladder.
- Willing to work shifts and weekends and work on a rotating on-call basis.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage with free/discounted services
- Opportunity for advancement
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more, effective immediately upon hire
- Paid vacations, sick time & holidays