Armstrong Utilities, Inc. connected our first cable television customers in 1963, in Butler, Pennsylvania. Since that time, we have continued to keep pace with the technological advancements of this ever-changing industry.
Our first customers received nine channels. Today, Armstrong offers consumers hundreds of viewing options, High Speed Internet service, telephone service and a variety of business products, all over our state-of-the-art broadband network.
Throughout our more than 50 years in cable television, Armstrong has been a leader in innovation. Using fiber optics and advanced technology, our networks are designed to provide leading-edge services and high reliability.
Armstrong has always relied on the great people who work for us. Nationally recognized for customer service excellence, their dedication to the customer has kept us a leader in the industry.
The Commercial Support Engineer will provide technical operations support and maintenance to the Armstrong MPLS Network. This will include primary support for equipment used to deliver all services including IP switches and routers, commercial services switches and GPON applications, and for all Armstrong systems.
As part of the Network Operations Team, this position requires hands-on work with equipment, frequent interaction with Engineering, Operations, and System Operations providing Commercial customer support for install, change requests and trouble escalations of technical issues. Maintenance window activity will be required periodically. Some travel will be required, usually within the Armstrong foot print, approx. 2-3 days per month.
- Maintain, configure, and support for MPLS Network, including switches, routers and CPE Equipment.
- Apply knowledge of IP networking principles to the production network platform.
- Logical and analytical ability to troubleshoot technical issues reported to Operations within a timely manner.
- Have fundamental working knowledge of IP network products deployed within Armstrong network, and ability to learn new technology as required. Including, BGP and OSPF Routing and MPLS.
- Proficient PC skills and working knowledge of MS Office Applications, including Visio, word, excel. Project.
- Must be attentive to detail, well organized, able to maintain and prioritize several projects simultaneously. Know how on systems such as IP Prime will be required or ability to learn such systems.
- Be comfortable explaining and working with Customers concerning technical escalations.
- Be self-motivated, with ability to work independently as well as with other Network Operations team members.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed to maintain network services and be available after hours for high level support. Core hours for this position will be 10:00am-6:30pm Monday through Friday.
- Display strong communication skills to articulate complex problems both verbal and written to management, other departments and Commercial customers.
- Make recommendations both technical and procedural striving for improving departmental efficiency.